Top Stroller Reviews – The Best Advice in Top Stroller and Pram Reviews
Topstrollereviews.com is a web site dedicated to helping you find the best product available for you. We have reviewed all the top brands and models so that you have all the right information to make the best choice. A pram or stroller is a big investment and we take it very seriously, and I am sure that you do too. We have a simple principle on this site; provide the best 3 of each category for your review with their features and specifications, if you would like further information then there is a link to additional products matching the category that you are reading about.
The Best Strollers Reviews
Let us start by breaking down the basics of a stroller or pram, their construction is in accordance with the relevant standards for a specific country for health and safety reasons. For this reason, all strollers commercially available are quality; the difference is in their style, usability and the level to which they adhere to safety standards. The big brands such as Combi, Emmuljunga, Bebecar, Phil and Ted, City select, Steelcraft and the like all have a great name in the industry because they have provided quality products for a long time and people trust them. That being said there are also some newer brands such as ___ and ___ that still comply with all the safety regulations, look great and are very functional and are less expensive because their ‘brand’ is not as popular, some people may refer to them as ‘cheap strollers’ but in reality they are good quality and less well known in general.
How is a Stroller Designed – Quality Aspects and Components
The main functions and components of a stroller as typically as follows:
- Wheels are arguably the most important component because they move the stroller and that’s its primary function. Looks for products with larger wheels, better quality tread, locking features and more. Inflatable wheels aren’t always the best as theyre susceptible to punctures, but they can be good in the case of jogging strollers etc.
- The under carriage isn’t a feature of all prams but it’s worthwhile, its handy for storing things that you don’t always use but need easy access to. Items such as blankets, wet weather protection, sunscreen and other important things.
- When you take your stroller in and out of the car consistently then folding is a big deal, the better the design, the easier your pram or stroller is to fold down for storage or transport. Features such as a quick release lever or looking at folded dimensions will help you find the stroller you are after.
- Most of the time when using your stroller, you are holding the pushing bar, either holding it steady or walking or running. The handle should be comfortable and durable – you don’t want it to disintegrate 6 months after you purchase it, for that reason we don’t recommend foam.
- Brakes aren’t necessary on the handle bar / push bar but they are essential on wheels if you don’t have a hand brake. There is nothing worse than being on an incline and having to hold the stroller for a long period of time.
Seat and seat adjustment
- Depending on whether you have a newborn infant or not this feature is debatable. Most toddlers want to be upright all the time and fully upright, newborns obviously need to sleep and be horizontal at times, then vertical at times. Depending on your needs, check the product features and specifications.
Harness / seat belt / safety straps
- Ensure that they comply with the relevant regulations, ease of harnessing will save you time, at times we also need a harness or seat belt system that prevents our little ‘Houdini’s’ from escaping so keep this in mind as well.
Cushioning and padding
- We all need to be comfortable but also take the washing factor into consideration, water proof or resistant materials can help save you cleaning time.
Wet weather protection
- We don’t all want to walk in the rain but some of us do and sometimes we just have bad luck and get caught in the rain. If you want to prevent your child from getting a cold and the pram from getting wet then wet weather protection is a good idea, and usually stored in the under carriage.
Cold weather protection
- I really mean padding for cold weather protection, wind break materials and covers are handy depending on your local climate.
- Lighter is better, look for aluminium, chrome molly and other light weight options. Steel is strong but heavy when moving the stroller into the car or upstairs.
- Depending on the model of stroller the hood may have an opening window at the back, be water proof or not, extend a long way or not, theres plenty to choose from. We favour a larger hood as its always a good idea to keep the sun out of the kids eyes and away from their skin.
Types and Styles of Strollers and Prams – Buyers Guide
There are many factors that affect how you should choose your pram or stroller. It all depends on how you would like to use your stroller and what sort of features you require. The main categories are as follows, and please contact us if you don’t fit into one of these categories as we’d like to know how we could help you out and improve this web site!
Types and Styles
- Double strollers and prams
- Prams that cater for new born babies and toddlers as they grow
- Running strollers
- Designer strollers
- Four wheeled strollers
- Three wheeled strollers
- Reversible strollers
- Light weight strollers
- Capsule type strollers that inter-change with car seats
- Cheap strollers
The Best 3 Strollers / Prams Available – Our Advice!
We have sourced all the top advice for stroller reviews 2015. Brands, models, features and more.